Fire Apparatus Swivels
Introducing Our New 6" Waterway Three Function Swivel
- Structural design of swivel is P.E. stamped in reference to the ASME Pressure Vessel Codes.
- 6 inch diameter waterway through the swivel
- Electrical assembly capable of more circuits, bundled cables for CANBus networks, analog and digital audio, and video signals.
- Encoder mountings available
- 5 Year Warranty
- Swivel configurations available in 4", 5", and 6" waterway diameters.
Amity Coat–Innovation at Work
- Exclusively offered through Amity Fire and Safety on all its 3-function swivels
- 1 mil thickness of an electroplating process of aluminum oxide
- Improved lubrication
- Low conductivity
- Increased corrosion resistance
- Surface hardness to 50-70 Rockwell C
- Over three times improvement in seal life
- Amity Fire & Safety produces a patentable fire apparatus swivel. The swivel can have 2 to 9 hydraulic circuits. The 3-function 360 degree swivels are available with either a 4" or 5" water pass-through. The swivels can contain electrical circuits from 14 to 36 circuits. The gauge wire can range from 10GA to 16GA.
- Amity also produces hydraulic swivels / rotary unions and aerial swivel elbows.
- Swivels can be purchased alone, with telescopic waterways or as part of a custom Aerial Water Systems Design.
- Electrical amperage rating of each circuit is 30amps.
- The hydraulic oil pressure rating is 4300psi.
- The water pressure is rated at 250psi.
- The outside of the swivel is nickel plated steel.
- The 360 degree swivel can be purchased with an encoder, which allows the operator of the aerial device to know the exact position of the turntable while in use.
- Amity pressure tests the water and hydraulic circuits of the swivel before shipment to ensure there are no leaks.
- Amity checks each electrical circuit of the fire apparatus swivel to verify that there are no bad or broken wires.
- All Amity firetruck swivels carry a five year warranty. See swivel warranty.