Venturi Meter Design
After nearly four decades of manufacturing custom venturi meters for the trade, Amity Flow now services customers directly. Amity Flow brings these 38 years of experience to every venturi meter design project.
To enhance the quality and accuracy of our venturi meter designs, we have been working direclty with R. W. Miller. Dr. Miller developed exclusively for Amity Flow the Amity Computation Module within The Flow Consultant™ software.
The Amity Computation Module computes pressure and temperature factor in accordance with ASME, ISO standards and the equations detailed in the Flow Measurement Engineering Handbook by R.W. Miller. This module is forward compatible and will accommodate future changes in calibration and standards. The computation module allows Amity Flow to efficiently design solutions for specific customer venturi design requirements.
Our Computer Venturi Design enables us to:
- Size and Compute dimensions in the same software
- Compute all dimensions based on pressure and temperature corrections presented in Miller Flow Measurement EngineeringHandbook (GENERIC SOLUTION pg 9.107-9.117 3rdEdition)
- Offers the ability to set the length of the meter to installation requirements
- Specialized designs to fit application can be designed based on fluid mechanics a CFD (computational fluid dynamics)
- Develop the AMITY software module to accommodate other meter designs such as the Wedge meter, Eccentric Venturies, etc.
- Easily and timely add user inputs and requirements to module.
- Develop and check AMITY module equations using Math Cad and CFD AMITY program
- Continually update discharge coefficient equations based on newly obtained laboratory data.
Our program uses customer specific line conditions, such as temperature, pressure, and fluid properties, to design the most accurate meter in their flowing conditions, line size, and materials.
Every venturi tube design is specific for the customer application. The program is based on scaled equations with pre installed fluid and material properties providing repeatability.
Read more on two custom designed amity flow meters